Newtown Township Parks and Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Self-Employment – Today's Alternative to W-2 Employment
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Interested in being self-employed? This presentation will cover many important topics to help you decide when it is the RIGHT TIME to look at self-employment as an option to seeking W-2 employment.
Instructor: Earl L. Sigmund CPA
- When is it the RIGHT TIME to look at self-employment as an option to seeking W-2 employment?
- The current way employers look at those who are willing to become self-employed
- How do you weigh and calculate the cash flow differences between an offer of self-employment versus an offer of W-2 employment?
- The effect of selecting the self-employment on your current PA unemployment benefits
- How do you replace a employer provided W-2 benefits package when you become self-employed?
- What are the additional typical costs involved in becoming self-employed?
- What are the typical tax write-off’s allowed when you select the self-employment option?
- How do you determine if you have what it takes to make it in the self-employment world?